Organization of “Old People’s Home Association”
16 Acres purchased known as the “Hooks” property
& Wright Streets - April 11, 1948
Dedication of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Old People’s Home.
Remodeled the home on the Hooks property to provide housing for six
to seven guests. A second house received from Nels Nygaard was also
remodeled to accommodate 22nd & Wright Streets - April 11, 1948
seven guests referred to as the Annex. First resident admitted April
Dedication of “Unit 3” A new 2-story structure increased the total
occupancy to 40 guests.
Dedication of an added 40-bed addition as 300/400 wings and dining
Changed the name to “Good Shepherd Lutheran Home”
Nygaard Park & Gazebo provided by Nels & Andrew Nygaard Estates was
built and dedicated.
Dedicated an additional 36 beds in 500/600 wings.
Dedication of Johansen Manor- Newly constructed 24, One & Two Bedroom
Opened Shepherd’s Flock Child Development Center. Licensed Child Care
for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
Began Shepherd’s Watch Adult Day Care.
Addition and Dedication of front office and lobby addition.
Dedication of Large Multi-functional Chapel and adjacent Solarium
which accommodates 100 worshipers.
Remodeled existing 500 wing for Memory Impaired Shepherd’s Care Unit.
Dedication of new construction- Shepherd’s Village 12 Assisted Living
and 20 Low-Income Housing Apartments
Dedication of Renovation project for Rehabilitation. Name changed to
Good Shepherd Lutheran Community.
Remodel and Secured 500/600 Wings, and addition of a Bathing Suite
Renovate rooms with 2 beds into Private Suites. Modify lobby to
include a 3 season porch for comfortable resident and guest use.